October 3, 2011
Delaware Speedway PR
Less than two weeks remain until competitors and fans will be back at Delaware Speedway for one of the most unique season-enders in recent memory: the October 15th Pumpkin Smasher, held in support of Jesse’s Journey.
“This really is a grass roots event,” explained event promoter John Houghton. “We’ve taken suggestions from fans and drivers over the years and put those ideas into a really fun package.”
That fun package features a number of special events including:
- Bone Stock 75: The main event on the day which features completely stock cars battling it out in an old-school "1990’s Enduro-inspired" format. The race features a special course for drivers to navigate and vehicles damaged in the competition will be removed from the track but will be replaced with obstacle cars.
- Demolition Derby: Who doesn’t love a Demolition Derby? One of the last derbies in the province this season, only one car will be left running to claim top prize!
- Open-Ontario Four-Cylinder Championship: Featuring drivers of professional four-cylinder stock car racers from across Ontario in a pair of 8-lap heat races and a 25-lap feature race. For many in this race, Delaware Speedway will be the largest and fastest track they have ever raced on.
-$500 to Win King of the Hill Spectator’s Race: This event allows spectators to enter their street-legal-street-driven cars into one-on-one fun drag races around the speedway. The King of the Hill will be raising funds for Jesse’s Journey. Jesse’s Journey will also be the recipient of the 50/50 draw.
- Classic Car Cruise: taking place before the races, fans will get a chance to see some of the classic and custom automobiles in a parade around the track and on display throughout the afternoon.
- Cheap Admission: Admission to the event is $15, but fans are able to pick up $5-off coupons from participating locations listed on the track website which allow entry for just $10. Kids 12 & under are free of charge.
A NEW ENTRY-OPPORTUNITY FOR DRIVERS
Beyond simply being a fun day for fans, the main idea of the event is to open the doors for new racers to become involved with the action on the track.
“This event brings back the chance to easily build a car in your driveway and come out and have a great time,” explained Houghton. “None of the races on this day cost big money to get started in. A top-notch Bone Stock should not cost more than $1,500 including all of the driver’s safety equipment. Everything’s been put together with affordability and safety in mind.”
Apparently, competitors agree: the pre-registration response has been strong leading up to the event and the track is taking phone calls daily as drivers make preparations for their vehicle builds for this, the final weekend before the event. Local suppliers of racing equipment have also made special deals available to drivers.
Interested competitors are directed to a special webpage which has been setup for the event which features a series of “How-To” videos as well as detailed information for the days events: http://www.delawarespeedway.com/race-season/pumpkinsmasher/pumpkin-competitor-information
For more information contact John Houghton (519) 652-5068 Ext 201 or e-mail email@example.com.
QUICK LINKS FOR FANS & DRIVERS
For coupon locations and full schedule fans are directed to: http://www.delawarespeedway.com/race-season/pumpkinsmasher
Additional Multi-Media Links:
(Video) About the Event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggMhE7zPsTo
(Video) About the Bone Stock 75: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=854G1TsxaNk
Competitor Information: http://www.delawarespeedway.com/race-season/pumpkinsmasher/pumpkin-competitor-information
ABOUT DELAWARE SPEEDWAY
Celebrating its 60th anniversary, Delaware Speedway is a half-mile paved oval stock-car track located just west of London, Ontario, Canada. Since 1952, Delaware Speedway has been the home to some of the best stock car racing in Canada. Its unique natural amphitheatre-like setting allows a family or group of friends to enjoy exciting, comfortable and affordable evening or afternoon of racing. Delaware Speedway is a proud member of the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series which promotes the best in local racing competition across North America.
For more information contact John Houghton
Pour lire le reste / Read more...