World's Most Powerful Short Track Cars at Delaware Speedway this Weekend August 4, 2011 Delaware Speedway PR
Delaware Speedway was literally built for Super Modified Racing and each year the ISMA Super Modifieds come home to Delaware Speedway this weekend August 5 & 6. They bring with them from the United States their special brand of speed, thrills, and skills which only super modified racing can deliver.
The Super Modifieds only returned to Delaware Speedway in 2006 after being away for nearly twenty years. This event will be their sixth return to the track for an event which has now become a two-day racing weekend.
Coming into the event, Mike Lichty (#84) of Innerkip is the highest ranked Canadian in points just 22 points behind leader Russ Wood of Pelham, NH. Lichty suffered mechanical woes at the recent July 30th Hy-Miler 200 at Sandusky Speedway in Ohio, luck he will certainly hope to turn around on home soil. Mark Sammut (#78) of London currently sits seventh in points. Another Canadian, Craig Rayvals of Brockville provides more local flavor to this exciting event.
What is an ISMA Super Modified?
ISMA Super Modifieds are billed as the “World’s Most Powerful Short Track Cars”, with good reason. The cars are mostly home built by the teams weighing only 1850 pounds and generating an amazing 800 hp. Super Modifieds require a push start as they do not have a starter and are directly driven. The cars also feature wings mounted on air shocks which increase down force in the turns and move almost flat to the track on the straights. The tires are soft slicks, featuring a massive 18” wide right rear tire.
NASCAR Whelen Weekly division action is expected to be hot this weekend as well, with each of them taking a turn on the track throughout the weekend:
- The FT Garage Late Models are running twin 30-lap races with a special pricing structure and a $200 bonus for the driver who qualifies best in time trials on Friday.
- Two other weekly divisions of Dynamic Super Stocks and Demar Trucks have slightly bumped prizing for the weekend. Trucks run on Friday, Super Stocks on Saturday.
- The POWERADE Open-Wheel Modifieds are on track for an excellent invitational event on Saturday in which drivers from across the province are expected to compete.
- Fans are strongly urged to make use of hearing protection at the ISMA event. While some adults may choose not to make use of this protection, children at the event should certainly be making use of hearing protection. Super Modifieds are incredibly powerful.
- Even the most powerful P.A. system in the world would have trouble overcoming the power of a Super Modified. Bring an FM headset tuned to 89.1 FM to catch the onsite announcers feed and don’t miss a beat.
- Sunday is the designated rain date for the event(s). Any changes to the program would be announced as necessary.
- Johnny Benson is racing in this weekend’s event.
- Saturday’s event features an autograph session.
- Kids club will be open throughout the weekend before the races behind the broadcast tower.
- Hoppy the clown will also be on site once again this weekend.
- Gates open at 5:00 pm at both events, racing starts at 8:00 pm.
Camping is available for $20 for the weekend. Tickets for the event will be available at the gate and are also available through the track’s website.
Fans are encouraged to check the info page for the event here for detailed information on gate times: http://www.delawarespeedway.com/tickets/delaware-classic-isma
Video Links: Local driver Mark Sammut takes a tour of an ISMA car http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBhc8fAQpy0
This message was sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from:
Delaware Speedway | 1640 Gideon Drive | Delaware, ON N0L 1E0, Canada
Manage Your Subscription:
Forward To a Friend:
Pour lire le reste / Read more...