Tweet This Release: http://hmtk.co/XUK856
Expanded Race Results: http://hmtk.co/1kUzjdV
Updated Standings: http://hmtk.co/KHKCi7
For Immediate Release
Dumoulin Celebrates Hometown Win
Points Leader Victorious In Grand Prix de Trois-Rivieres
TROIS-RIVIERES, Que. (Aug. 10, 2014) – With the Dumoulin family celebrating their 45th season of racing, it was second-generation driver L.P. Dumoulin who raced to victory in the 45th running of the Grand Prix de Trois-Rivieres Sunday in NASCAR Canadian Tire Series presented by Mobil 1 competition.
Dumoulin was able to get past Kerry Micks just before the halfway point of the race and hold off a furious charge by Andrew Ranger late in the closing laps to win the JuliaWine.com Le 50 Tours at the 1.53-mile temporary course through the streets of Trois-Rivieres.
It was the second Canadian Tire Series victory of the season for Dumoulin, a native of Trois-Rivieres, and fourth of his career.
Dumoulin and Ranger were battling on the first attempt at a green-white-checkered finish when the caution flag was displayed after an accident between pole sitter Marc Antoine Camirand and Xavier Coupal on Lap 51.
The accident sent Coupal into a series of barrel rolls that forced NASCAR officials to display the red flag while safety personnel worked to get Coupal out of the car. Coupal was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation after the accident.
Due to time constraints and the amount of clean up needed, the race was called after the two-car accident on Lap 51.
Ranger finished second with Micks third. Dumoulin's brother, J.F. Dumoulin, was fourth and J.R. Fitzpatrick completed the top five. Jeff Lapcevich, Alex Guenette, Jason Hathaway, Noel Dowler and Joey McColm brought home the top 10.
L.P. Dumoulin holds on to his points lead over Fitzpatrick as the series returns to action on Aug. 16 with the Wilson Equipment 300 at Riverside International Speedway in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. The Canadian Tire Series has visited the high-banked .333-mile oval each year since 2007. Jason Hathaway is the defending race winner.
NASCAR Integrated Marketing Communications
NASCAR Canadian Tire Series pres. by Mobil 1-JuliaWine.com Le 50 Tours Results
Sunday At Circuit de Trois-Rivieres
Lap length: 1.53 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
1. (2) L.P. Dumoulin, Trois-Rivieres, Que., Dodge, 51 laps, 50.954 mph.
2. (3) Andrew Ranger, Roxton Pond, Que., Dodge, 51.
3. (4) Kerry Micks, Mount Albert, Ont., Ford, 51.
4. (8) J.F. Dumoulin, Trois-Rivieres, Que., Dodge, 51.
5. (5) J.R. Fitzpatrick, Ayr, Ont., Chevrolet, 51.
6. (18) Jeff Lapcevich, Grimsby, Ont., Dodge, 51.
7. (13) Alex Guenette, Terrebonne, Que., Dodge, 51.
8. (12) Jason Hathaway, Dutton, Ont., Chevrolet, 51.
9. (25) Noel Dowler, Sherwood Park, Alta., Dodge, 51.
10. (27) Joey McColm, Ajax, Ont., Dodge, 51.
11. (23) Matt Pritiko, London, Ont., Chevrolet, 51.
12. (30) Ray Courtemanche Jr., Montreal, Que., Dodge, 51.
13. (24) Dave Coursol, Saint-Jerome, Que., Dodge, 51.
14. (32) Vaughn Gittin Jr., Abingdon, Md., Ford, 51.
15. (6) Alex Labbe, Saint-Albert, Que., Dodge, 51.
16. (11) Scott Steckly, Milverton, Ont., Dodge, 51.
17. (33) Dominic Jacques, Vallée-Jonction, QC, Chevrolet, 51.
18. (15) D.J. Kennington, St. Thomas, Ont., Dodge, 51.
19. (19) Luc Lesage, Trois-Rivières, Que., Dodge, 51.
20. (1) Marc-Antoine Camirand, Saint-Leonard-d'Aston, Que., Chevrolet, 51.
21. (22) Simon Dion-Viens, Saint-Joseph-de-Kamouraska, Que., Dodge, 51.
22. (26) Patrice Brisebois, Westmount, Que., Dodge, 51.
23. (14) Xavier Coupal, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Que., Dodge, 51.
24. (7) Jacques Villeneuve, Montreal, Que., Dodge, 50.
25. (10) Alex Tagliani, Lachenaie, Que., Dodge, 49.
26. (28) Benoit Theetge, Boischatel, Que., Chevrolet, 43.
27. (16) Hugo Vannini, Repentigny, Que., Ford, 43.
28. (17) Gary Klutt, Halton Hills, Ont., Chevrolet, 39.
29. (29) Matthew Scannell, Milton. Ont., Dodge, 38.
30. (31) Jocelyn Fecteau, Montreal, Que., Dodge, 30, accident.
31. (21) Anthony Simone, Holland Landing, Ont., Dodge, 29, accident.
32. (9) Elie Arseneau, Laval, Que., Dodge, 24, clutch.
33. (20) Peter Klutt, Halton Hills, Ont., Chevrolet, 5, suspension.
Time of Race: 1 hour 31 minutes 53 seconds
Margin of Victory: Under Red
Fastest Qualifier: M.Camirand * (82.086 mph, 67.1 seconds)
Caution Flags: 6 for 23 laps.
Lead Changes: 2 among 2 drivers.
Lap Leaders: L. Dumoulin 1-4; K. Micks 5-20; L. Dumoulin 21-51.
Standings: 1. L. Dumoulin, 299; 2. J. Fitzpatrick, 273; 3. A. Ranger, 269; 4. J. Hathaway, 257; 5. S. Steckly, 251; 6. D. Kennington, 244; 7. N. Dowler, 233; 8. J. McColm, 212; 9. A. Tagliani, 192; 10. A. Guennette, 161.
Pour lire le reste / Read more...