Patrick Laperle Wins St-Eustache 100
Jean-François Déry Pads Point Lead
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ACT-091413
St-Eustache, QC – Patrick Laperle of St-Denis, QC claimed the St-Eustache 100 win in front of his hometown crowd at Autodrome St-Eustache on Saturday, September 14. The 100-lap event was originally scheduled for June 1 but was postponed twice due to rain before being scheduled as the first leg of a doubleheader weekend. Jean-François Déry of Quebec City took second position and strengthened his point lead heading into tomorrow's 200-lap finale at St-Eustache.
Second place point man Alex Labbe of St-Albert, QC led early in the event before fading backwards in the middle stages of the event. Donald Theetge stole the lead from Labbe until contact on a lap 15 restart sent him spinning in turn one. Jonathan Bouvrette edged Labbe on the ensuing restart and appeared to be the fastest car on the track until Déry got by him while the two worked through lapped traffic.
Déry led from lap 42 through 86, earning an all important 5 bonus points for leading the most laps. Laperle was all over the back bumper of Déry looking for any mistake. The mistake finally came on lap 86 when Déry slipped up while negotiating a lapped car. Laperle got by on the outside and never relinquished the lead. Déry settled for second, while Labbe clawed his way back to third. Theetge and Bouvrette both recovered from spins to finish in the top five in 4th and 5th respectively.
Déry entered the event with a 12 point lead over Labbe. He gained another 3 points and now unofficially leads by 15 going into tomorrow's season finale 200.
Série ACT completes their 2013 season and crowns their champion tomorrow (Sunday, September 15) following the St-Eustache 200 at Autodrome St-Eustache. The champion will take home $20,000 as part of an $80,000 point fund.
Serie ACT Unofficial Results
Autodrome St-Eustache – St-Eustache, QC
Saturday, September 14, 2013
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (17) Patrick Laperle, St-Denis, QC, 100
2. (23) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, QC, 100
3. (4) Alex Labbe, St-Albert, QC, 100
4. (11) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC, 100
5. (14) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, QC, 100
6. (12) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, QC, 100
7. (8) Patrick Boyer, Quebec, QC, 100
8. (13) Etienne Cliche , Vallee-Jct., QC, 100
9. (10) Gaetan Gaudreault, Quebec, QC, 98
10. (22) #Martin Goulet, Mascouche, QC, 98
11. (2) Daniel Bergeron, Mirabel, QC, 97
12. (3) Maxime Pelletier, Mascouche, QC, 97
13. (21) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie,QC, 90
14. (18) Marco Savoie, St Lambert, QC, 76
15. (20) Patrick Hamel, St-Croix, QC, 70
16. (5) Jean-Pierre Ouimet, Terrebonne, QC, 66
17. (7) Jacques Poulin, E. Broughton, QC, 23
18. (19) #Christopher Bedard, Montreal, QC, 16
19. (1) Justin Holtom, Ottawa, ON, 0
20. (6) Sylvain Lacombe, Terrebonne, QC, 0
21. (9) Steven Boissonneault, Lyster, QC, 0
22. (15) Leo Poirier, Ottawa, ON, 0
23. (16) Pier Luc Ouellette, St-Anne des Plaines,QC, 0
*** The event was started on Saturday, June 1 with qualifying completed and the field took post parade laps before being postponed due to rain.
Lap Leaders: Alex Labbe, 1-8; Donald Theetge, 9-15; Labbe, 16; Jonathan Bouvrette, 17-41; Jean-Francois Dery, 42-86; Patrick Laperle, 87-100.
Time of Race: 1:11:25
Margin of Victory: .426 seconds
Cautions: 10 (laps 2, 15, 15, 16, 23, 65, 66, 66, 70, 71)
Pour lire le reste / Read more...