Almost 80 percent of the available exhibitor space has already been filled!


(TORONTO, ON // December 12, 2011) The 6th Annual Canadian Motorsports Expo, Powered by Inside Track Motorsport News takes place February 10, 11 & 12, 2012 at the International Centre, adjacent to Toronto’s Pearson International Airport. New for 2012, the CME will be held on a new date, in a bigger hall.


Responding to exhibitor and attendee feedback, the show has been moved back in the calendar – by several weeks – to be closer to the start of the racing season. The CME’s new date is two weeks prior to NASCAR’s Daytona 500, at a time when Canadian racers and fans are making their plans and purchasing decisions for the upcoming racing season.


The Canadian Motorsports Expo will once again take place at the International Centre, but it’s moving to the bigger Hall 6, which offers considerably more space (80,000 square feet). Hall 6 is also more wide-open than the show’s former space, which means the CME will be better able to accommodate more exhibitors, tracks, series, vendors and racing vehicles.


Also new for 2012, the CME is the only Winter / Spring show at the International Centre permitted to offer more than 10% racing content, so there is no question about where the real racers, fans and industry members will be in February!


“We’re just inside of two months to go until show-time and the response to the 6th Annual Canadian Motorsports Expo has been fantastic,” said the CME’s Greg MacPherson. “So far, almost 80 percent of the available exhibitor space has already been sold. The racing industry is really getting behind the CME and has responded positively to the new February date and the move to Hall 6. We have some great new partners and features to announce in the coming weeks.”


On the opening day of the CME (Friday, February 10), highlights will include the presentation of the Inside Track Readers’ Choice Awards and Spencer Lewis’ Ontario Asphalt Power Rankings Top 10 Awards. Saturday’s schedule (February 11) will feature the celebrity racer Q&A and autograph sessions, the Meet the Media Fan Forum and several other interesting and informative presentations. On Sunday (February 12), CASCAR founder Tony Novotny and several well-known racing personalities will take a trip down memory lane during the CASCAR Reunion.


“For this year’s show, we’ve introduced an online, interactive floor plan that lets exhibitors and sponsors see what space and properties are still available, on a real-time basis,” said the CME’s Mike Galipeau. “We encourage anyone who thinks their business could benefit from being part of the show to check out the ‘Exhibitor Info’ page at www.CanadianMotorsportsExpo.com and then contact us at (416) 962-7223 or info@canadianmotorsportsexpo.com.”


Offering interesting and informative forums and seminars, celebrity racer autograph sessions, NASCAR Sprint Cup stock cars, racing vehicles from across the motorsports spectrum, reunion events, awards presentations and equipment suppliers and collectible vendors, the CME has something for every racer and fan. The show is an ideal venue for businesses looking to jumpstart their sales, marketing and promotional campaigns in front of their most motivated customers.


Throughout its existence, the Canadian Motorsports Expo has become known for its presentation of celebrity racers from Canada and around the world. Stars like Ron Fellows, Jacques Villeneuve, Matt Kenseth, Paul Tracy, Brad Keselowski, Dario Franchitti, Max Papis, Derek Daly, Miguel & Yvon Duhamel and many more have graced the CME stage for fan Q&A and autograph sessions.


The CME has also featured world-famous racing machines, including the NASCAR Cup cars of Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jeff Gordon, as well as F1 and IndyCar vehicles. Watch for updates to find out which star racers and machines will be appearing at the 6th Annual Canadian Motorsports Expo.


ABOUT THE CME: The Canadian Motorsports Expo Powered by Inside Track Motorsport News is a three-day celebration of Canadian racing that runs February 10, 11 & 12, 2012 at the International Centre (6900 Airport Road in Mississauga, Ontario (Canada)). In addition to booths and racing vehicles representing the entire spectrum of Canadian motorsports, the show is loaded with seminars and forums to entertain and inform racers and fans alike. Celebrity drivers will be at the CME to sign autographs and meet the fans. One of the special themes of this year’s CME is the CASCAR Reunion. Please check the show’s website (www.CanadianMotorsportsExpo.com) for news, updates, schedule information and more.


- 30 -


Pour lire le reste /


 On December 5, OSCAAR (Ontario Stock Car Association of Asphalt Racers) president Dave Gainforth confirmed the creation of a touring, open-wheeled Modified racing division, one that will be sanctioned by the Southern Ontario-based governing body most widely recognized for its long running Super Late Model series.

Responding to inquiries for assistance from various Modified racers, while at the same time looking to develop a support and ‘feeder’ division for their Super Late Model programme, Gainforth feels that the newly-founded OSCAAR Outlaw Modified Series will offer a “perfect fit” for not only his organization, but also for the drivers, the hosting tracks and the race-going public.


“The open-wheeled Modifieds are popular with the fans and compliment any track’s schedule,” says Gainforth. “If we can back up an OSCAAR Super Late Model race with a 30 or 35 lap Modified feature, that would be a pretty full night of racing entertainment for any Ontario short track.”

Although still in the early planning stages, Gainforth has already secured six race dates at three venues (Peterborough, Sunset and Barrie Speedways) and is hoping to expand his 2012 schedule to “nine or 10 events”. To date, four of the confirmed races for the OSCAAR Outlaw Modifieds will be run in conjunction with the Super Late Models.

“Ultimately, we’d like to have about 90% of the races combined events. That would create an OSCAAR ‘super package’ for the host tracks, while saving our competitors some traveling expenses, as costs could be shared,” continues Gainforth.

Mark Dilley, promoter of Stroud (ON)’s Sunset Speedway, is excited about hosting the new OSCAAR Outlaw Modifieds in their debut season.     

“I like the Mods and I think a lot of other people do, as well. This will be something new for our fans; we haven’t run the Modifieds here before. And it will be a great opportunity for the drives to test themselves on a variety of tracks.”

Concurs Diane Cunningham, from Barrie Speedway, “We’re excited about the Modifieds coming to Barrie. The fans get a bonus show, and we get another attraction on our calendar. Any new series that can develop and grow can only be better for racing in general and we hope that we can be part of that growth.”

One of the biggest challenges faced by Gainforth and the OSCAAR Technical Team is to develop a rulebook that would balance performance within the field. The three Southern Ontario tracks that regularly feature open-wheeled Modified racing divisions, (Mosport, Varney and Delaware Speedways), have widely diverse regulation packages. 

“We need to make every car competitive at every track, so that there is no ‘home track’ advantage. We’re working hard with (car-builders) John Fletcher and Jeff Hanley to come up with a rulebook that would keep the playing field level, without costing the drivers a lot of time and money,” explains Gainforth.

With the technical regulations and scheduling quickly coming into place, the next challenge for the OSCAAR Outlaw Modifieds is to recruit potential competitors. Fortunately, the interest has been strong in support of the new series.

“I’ve got five cars in my shop alone, that we’re prepared to run,” states Chris Burrows, a regular at Varney Speedway. “And I’ve been speaking with the McLeans, they’ve got another three cars, and I think they’re interested in the programme as well. This is what the Modified drivers have needed, and I think that this is going to be a great season for us, and for OSCAAR.” 

“My goal is to field between 16 and 18 Modifieds at each event, and I personally don’t think I’ll have a problem reaching that mark,” says Gainforth. “The interest is high, and I expect to hear from more and more drivers as this news gets out. There are a lot of competitive Modifieds sitting in shops out there, it’s just a matter of getting them fired up and out to the tracks.”

The OSCAAR Outlaw Modified Series will make its public debut at the Canadian Motorsports Expo, held in Toronto, February 10-12, 2012, with a final schedule to be released at that time.

Further information on the OSCAAR Outlaw Modifieds Series can be found on the OSCAAR website www.oscaar.ca, or by contacting club president Dave Gainforth- oscaargainforth@gmail.com.

Dave Gainforth
OSCAAR President


Pour lire le reste /


Dimanche le 15 janvier à l’Autodrome St-Eustache


Les préparatifs vont bon train en vue du CHALLENGE SUR NEIGE FLAGWORLD, présenté par PORTES DIMENSIONS qui aura lieu le dimanche 15 janvier 2012 à l’Autodrome St-Eustache.


Une vingtaine de pilotes  sont déjà enregistrés en date du 9 décembre pour ce programme de course dont l’enjeu de la course principale sera la Coupe Flagworld et une bourse pour les 3 premiers à franchir la ligne d’arrivée..


Le promoteur Dave Charest se réjouit de la participation de deux importants commanditaires, Michel Flageole de Flagworld et François Audette de Portes Dimensions de Boisbriand, deux vieux routiers du sport automobile.


« De pouvoir compter sur l’appui financier de ces deux personnalités du sport motorisé ne stimule au plus haut point  et me donne de l’énergie pour mener à bien cette aventure, l’apport des autres commanditaires, tant financiers que d’échanges de services n’est pas négligeable non-plus, ainsi que l’aide de divers intervenants bénévoles m’aideront à couvrir les frais de cet événement »….. d’ajouter Dave Charest qui l’an dernier a du fouiller « dans ses poches » pour boucler le budget d’opération de la première édition.


C’est donc gonflé à bloc que Charest et ses collaborateurs se préparent pour cet événement motorisé hivernal qui aura lieu dans 5 semaines.


Le prix d’admission pour cet événement a été fixée à 15$ par adulte et Gratuit pour les 12 ans et moins. Il en coûtera 30$ par voiture (incluant l’entrée du pilote) pour participer à l’événement.


Pour s’inscrire dans les 4 différentes catégories, 4 cylindres, Propulsion, 4 roues motrice et Pick up les pilotes peuvent contacter Yves Ladouceur au 450-472-6222 du lundi au vendredi de 9h à 17h.



Yves Ladouceur
Directeur des opérations courses
Racing operation Manager
Tél.: (450) 472-6222
Rés.: (450) 735-4444


Pour lire le reste /

Devil's Bowl Champion Proctor Honored at NASCAR Gala

For Immediate release                                          DBS-121211-1

CHARLOTTE, NC -- Stock car driver Ron Proctor of Charlton, NY was honored as one of the country’s most decorated short track competitors on Friday, as nearly 800 champions and supporters from the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series gathered for a black tie awards gala at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, NC.


Proctor won the NASCAR Modified Track Championship at Devil’s Bowl Speedway in West Haven, VT, collecting two victories and top-five finishes in all nine feature races in 2011; he also won the NASCAR Modified title at Albany-Saratoga Speedway in his native New York.  Despite a checkered history dating back 30 years, as a first-time NASCAR license holder, Proctor was eligible for and won the Rookie of the Year prize in both Vermont and New York.

Proctor’s highest honor came as the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Vermont State Champion, which he won as a result of his efforts at Devil’s Bowl Speedway.  Proctor was joined on stage by champions from all of NASCAR’s competing U.S. states and Canadian provinces including Virginia State Champion Philip Morris, who was also crowned the 2011 NASCAR National Champion.

Proctor received a personalized letter framed and signed by NASCAR CEO Brian France, a myriad of trophies from Jostens, and a personalized Vermont State Championship firesuit and helmet from CV Products.  Total prize money approached $11,000.  Proctor was also part of an private champions-only group that toured the facilities of NASCAR Sprint Cup Series powerhouse Hendrick Motorsports.

“This is bigger than anything I’ve ever experienced in racing,” Proctor said Friday night.  “NASCAR really took care of us in Charlotte, and I would love to come back as the champion and do it all again next year.”

The NASCAR Whelen All-American Series will again sanction weekly racing at Devil’s Bowl Speedway in 2012.  The track was recently purchased by successful business owners and former racers Mike and Alayne Bruno of Castleton.  The 2012 racing schedule and divisional rulebooks are being finalized and will be released in the coming days.

For more information call (802) 773-0146, email devilsbowlspeedway@gmail.com, or visit www.devilsbowlspeedwayvt.com.




Pour lire le reste /


Communiqué, Pour diffusion immédiate
Québec, QC - 2011-12-12

C'est en présence de 30 pilotes que la direction de la Série Sportsman Québec a partagé ses orientations, le calendrier 2012 et quelques nouveautés.  Réuni au Méchoui International de St-Étienne-de-Lauzon, la réunion a été dirigée par le président de la Série, M. André Poulin.

Un survol des changements qui seront apportés au livre des règlements est venu préciser que mis à part le changement de fournisseur pour les moteurs des compétiteurs et le processus de pose des scellées, la quasi-totalité des modifications au livre des règlements n'introduisent pas de nouvelles choses, mais sont effectuées pour éliminer les ambiguïtés dans l'interprétation des règles et venir préciser les choses.

Les pilotes se sont prononcés sur quelques sujets de règlementation par vote secret (procédures de relances, lucky dog, comment repositionner les compétiteurs sporadiques) et ont nommé unanimement leurs représentants des pilotes pour 2012, soit: Réjean Blanchet, Pier-Luc Labbé, Sylvain Labbé et Steve Malouin-Mckibbin.

Toujours avec le souci d'améliorer le fonctionnement de la série M. Poulin a ensuite annoncé la formation d'un comité de décision et discipline. Ce comité sera en place pour traiter de tout dossier qui demandera d'évaluer des gestes ou des décisions, incluant les protêts et de communiquer les décisions et les sanctions qui pourraient en découler.
Ce comité sera formé de trois personnes, chacune représentant des groupes différents tous ayant l'intérêt de la série, des performances, de l'intégrité, du bon déroulement des épreuves et de la valeur de la Série qui en retour influence celle des voitures et des ententes commerciales avec les commanditaires des pilotes.
Représentant les pilotes, issu des 4 représentants-pilotes.  Au besoin, un système de rotation sera possible pour éviter toute forme de conflit dans le traitement des décisions.  La personne sera identifiée dans les prochains jours.
Représentant les propriétaires de piste,  la promotion du stock car et il est aussi commanditaire de la série : M. Dominic Lussier.  En plus d'être directeur chez Lussier Chevrolet Buick GMC il est aussi propriétaire de l'Autodrome Granby.
Représentant les médias (correspondant pour Inside Track Motorsports News), collaborateur et un commanditaire de longue date de la série: M. Marc Patrick Roy.  En plus, de faire profiter ces nombreuses expériences de la course tant au Québec, qu'aux États-unis, il siège sur différents comité de décision de ce genre à l'extérieur du stock car, M.P. a accepté de présider le comité.
"Lorsque André m'a contacté pour présider ce comité, j'ai été très flatté et rapidement j'ai accepté.  J'ai jamais refusé d'aider les pistes, les séries et depuis un certain temps ce concept avait été discuté avec des pilotes, des opérateurs d'autodromes et André afin d'adresser la perception de conflit d'intérêt qui a déjà plané.  Ce comité permettra d'assurer le bien-être de tous: pilotes, série, autodromes, fournisseurs et promoteur y tirent sont compte dans la plus grande transparence et l'équité" déclara M. P. Roy.
Un calendrier de 10 courses réparties entre cinq autodromes du Québec a été dévoilé, ainsi qu'une structure de bourse et boni, qui à ce jour, représente plus de 100 000 $.  La série effectuera un retour après 2 années d’absence à l’Autodrome St-Eustache et une première visite au tri-oval de Sanair.  L’Autodrome Montmagny, Autodrome St-Félicien et le Circuit Riverside Speedway de Ste-Croix seront aussi visité.
"Le calendrier 2012 est des plus intéressant.  Grâce à la collaboration des dirigeants de Riverside Speedway de Ste-Croix et la volonté de M. Tom Curley de l’American Canadian Tour, à 6 reprises la Série Sportsman Québec évoluera en marge des voitures LMS et des foules plus imposantes » déclara André Poulin.
Du côté du personnel de la série : Dany Ouellet continuera d’assumé le rôle de directeur technique, David Pichette celui de préposé aux puits, Simon Fiset celui de photographe, Frédérick Gagnon est promu signaleur, Karine Poirier chronométrage et statistiques, Charles Gingras et André Poulin se partageront la direction de la course.
La levée de rideau pour la série se fera avec une journée d’essai et d’inspection à l’autodrome Montmagny le 12 mai et la première compétition, un 75 tour, aura lieu le 19 mai à l’Autodrome St-Eustache dans le cadre du festival sportsman qui mettra aussi en vedette les Sportsman ANCA et la classe Sportsman de la piste américaine Airborne Speedway.
Pour plus d’information, contactez André Poulin, président, au : 
André Poulin
Président Série Sportsman Québec

Pour lire le reste /