Theetge Extends Série ACT Record with Win at St-Eustache
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ACT092115-124
<<ATTACHED PHOTO (IMG_1640.JPG): Boischatel, QC's Donald Theetge (#80QC), seen here competing at Autodrome Chaudiere, picked up his 21st career Serie ACT victory in the St-Eustache 200 Sunday, September 20. (Guy Laroche photo)>>
St-Eustache, QC – Donald Theetge extended his Série ACT record with his 21st career victory in the St-Eustache 200 at Quebec's Autodrome St-Eustache Sunday, September 20.
Boischatel, QC's Theetge took the top spot for the first time on lap 89 and led 111 of the final 112 laps, surrendering the lead for only a single circuit to defending Série ACT Champion Alex Labbé following the race's final restart. The win snapped a long drought for Theetge, whose last Série ACT victory was in July 2013. Theetge had finished second in the previous two Série ACT events.
Labbé finished second followed by 2013 Champion Jean-François Déry. Point leader Dany Trépanier took fourth and now has a 30-point lead over Déry with one event remaining. Patrick Cliche, Martin Goulet Jr., Patrick Boyer, Patrick Boucher, Michel Groleau, and Charles Harvey completed the top-10.
Many of the starts of Série ACT including Trépanier, Déry, and Labbé can be seen at the 7th Annual Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 26. The Invitational is scheduled to go green at 5:00pm following the Camping World Truck Series and Whelen Modified Tour events.
Plattsburgh, NY's Airborne Park Speedway will host the 2015 Série ACT finale with the 41st Fall Foliage 200Saturday, October 3. Post time is 2:00pm for the fourth combination event of the season with the ACT U.S. Tour.
Pos., Start Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown, Laps Completed
- (5), Donald Theetge (80QC), Boischatel, QC, 200 Laps
- (7), Alex Labbé (48QC), St-Albert, QC, 200 Laps
- (6), Jean-François Déry (21QC), Quebec, QC, 200 Laps
- (8) Dany Trépanier (19QC), St-Edouard, QC, 200 Laps
- (3) Patrick Cliche (5QC), Levis, QC, 200 Laps
- (4) Martin Goulet Jr. (83QC), Mascouche, QC, 200 Laps
- (17) Patrick Boyer (13QC), Quebec, QC, 200 Laps
- (13) Patrick Boucher (96QC), Ste-Marthe, QC, 200 Laps
- (14) Michel Groleau (25QC), Laval, QC, 195 Laps
- (15) Charles Harvey (77QC), Terrebonne, QC, 139 Laps
- (11) Gaetan Gaudreault (38QC), Quebec, QC, 104 Laps
- (2) Jonathan Bouvrette (41QC), Blainville, QC, 87 Laps
- (9) Gaetan Longtin (66QC), St-Alexis des Monts, QC, 61 Laps
- (1) Claude Leclerc (11QC), Lanoraie, QC, 51 Laps
- (10) Daniel Descoste (2QC), Oka, QC, 51 Laps
- (16) Claude Lepage (34QC), Repentigny, QC, 46 Laps
- (12) Daniel Bergeron (7QC), St-Benoit, QC, 22 Laps
Lap Leaders: Claude Leclerc, 0; Jonathan Bouvrette, 1-52; Dany Trépanier, 53-55; Bouvrette, 56-65; Trépanier, 66-87; Jean-François Déry, 88; Donald Theetge, 89-158; Alex Labbé, 159; Theetge, 160-200. (8 Lead changes among 6 drivers)
Time of Race: 2 hours, 3 minutes
Margin of Victory: 0.148 seconds
Cautions: 9 (Laps 22, 45, 51, 59, 61, 87, 104, 129, 158)
Heat Winners: Martin Goulet Jr., Dany Trépanier