Welch, Hebert on Front Row for Eighth Bond Auto Parts ACT Invitational
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ACT092416-89
Loudon, NH – Lempster, NH's Kyle Welch and Williamstown, VT's Jimmy Hebert will lead the field to the green for the Eighth Bond Auto Parts ACT Invitational at Loudon's New Hampshire Motor Speedway Saturday, September 24.
Welch is competing in his fourth Invitational and will be looking for his first top-10 finish. Hebert led the majority of the 2015 Invitational before finishing fifth.
A pair of Vermont drivers, John Donahue and Bobby Therrien, will start in row two. Donahue is a winner this season at Barre, VT's Thunder Road, while Therrien captured the ACT Late Model Tour season opener at Maine's Oxford Plains Speedway. Jeff Marshall, Ryan Olsen, Tyler Cahoon, Quinny Welch, Chris Riendeau, and Josh Masterson will complete the top-10 on the grid.
Four-time and defending Bond Auto Parts ACT Invitational winner Eddie MacDonald of Rowley, MA will have to come from 31st in the starting line-up. 2010 Invitational winner Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. will start 28th, while 2012 winner Ray Parent will roll off 25th. 2014 winner Wayne Helliwell, Jr. will not compete due to an illness.
Polewarczyk led the final practice session for the ACT Late Models, clocking a fast lap of 31.486 seconds. MacDonald was second-fastest, followed by Dillon Moltz, ACT point leader Nick Sweet and Parent. Dany Trepanier and Alex Labbe were the fast Quebec drivers in eighth and ninth, respectively.
Another pair of Quebec competitors, Jean-Francois Dery and Donald Theetge, encounted engine problems during the session. Both are attempting to make repairs in time for the Invitational.
The Bond Auto Parts ACT Invitational is scheduled to roll off the grid Saturday, September 24 at 5:00pm as part of Tripleheader Saturday.
EIGHTH ANNUAL BOND AUTO PARTS ACT INVITATIONAL
Pos, Driver, Car #, Hometown
- Kyle Welch ( 9NH ) , Lempster, NH
- Jimmy Hebert ( 58VT ) , Williamstown, VT
- John Donahue ( 31ME ) , Graniteville, VT
- Bobby Therrien ( 5VT ) , Hinesburg, VT
- Jeff Marshall ( 32NH ) , Guildhall, NH
- Ryan Olsen ( 61NH ) , N. Haverhill, NH
- Tyler Cahoon ( 38VT ) , Danville, VT
- Quinny Welch ( 78NH ) , Lancaster, NH
- Chris Riendeau ( 4VT ) , Ascutney, VT
- Josh Masterson ( 11NY ) , Charlotte, VT
- Ray Christian III ( 93CT ) , Uncasville, CT
- Woody Pitkat ( 07MA ) , Sturbridge, MA
- Tom Carey III ( 5MA ) , Petersham, MA
- Matt Anderson ( 49NH ) , Franklin, NH
- Rowland Robinson, Jr. ( 28ME ) , Steuben, ME
- Brian Tagg ( 3MA ) , Oxford, MA
- Aaron Fellows ( 29NH ) , Croydon, NH
- Mike Ziter ( 54VT ) , Barre Town, VT
- Adam Gray ( 97MA ) , Granby, MA
- Bucky Demers ( 26NH ) , Cornish, NH
- Dany Trépanier ( 19QC ) , St-Edouard, QC
- Brad Babb ( 15NH ) , Windham, ME
- Patrick Laperle ( 91QC ) , St-Denis, QC
- Jean-François Déry ( 21QC ) , Québec, QC
- Ray Parent ( 17RI ) , Tiverton, RI
- Dillon Moltz ( 5CT ) , Waterford, CT
- Jonathan Bouvrette ( 41QC ) , Blainville, QC
- Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. ( 97NH ) , Hudson, NH
- Nick Sweet ( 40VT ) , Barre, VT
- Alex Labbé ( 48QC ) , St-Albert, QC
- Eddie MacDonald ( 17MA ) , Rowley, MA
- Ricky Roberts ( 3VT ) , Washington, VT
- Brian Tarbell ( 15ME ) , Springfield, VT
- Jean-Pierre Ouimet ( 59QC ) , Terrebonne, QC
- Mark Jenison ( 22RI ) , Warwick, RI
- Jim Zullo II ( 10NY ) , Claremont, NH
- James Linardy ( 77MA ) , Somerville, MA
- Simon Roussin ( 6QC ) , Québec, QC
- Joel Monahan ( 03MA ) , Whately, MA
- Patrick Cliche ( 5QC ) , Levis, QC
- Donald Theetge ( 80QC ) , Boischatel, QC