2012-05-14

DILLEY & MICKS POWERED BY GAUNT COLLISION CENTRES

For Immediate Release

 

 

Barrie, ON, Monday May 14, 2012:  NASCAR Veterans, Kerry Micks and Mark Dilley, announced today that they will make a joint effort at the 2012 NASCAR Canadian Tire Series Owners Championship, in their #02 Ford Fusions owned by Micks Motorsports. Kerry Micks will compete in the five road course events and Mark Dilley will drive at the seven ovals that make up the 2012 schedule.

 

Micks Motorsports is very excited to have long-time friends, Marty and John Gaunt supporting its efforts in 2012. Marty will supply engines out of his NASCAR winning motor facility, Triad Racing Technologies in North Carolina and John will show support from his Gaunt Collision Centers in Barrie.

 

The team will enjoy support from Leland Industries, Beyond Digital Imaging, PartSource, Triad Racing Technologies, Gaunt Collision Centers, Johnsonville Sausages, Armor All, STP, Cathcart Trucking, Seguin Marine, Castrol, Thor Motors, Sam Ester and Prostate Cancer Canada.

 

“I am looking forward to another new adventure,” laughs Dilley.  “Kerry and I have been friends and raced against each other for over 25 years. To be teaming up with Kerry is very cool. Racing against him has provided me with some of my best memories, especially at Barrie. We have had some serious mishaps, but we have also had a lot of laughs over the years. I respect that he has always had top notch equipment and I am looking forward to being involved with Micks Motorsports and running for the owners’ championship. Sponsorship has been real tough this year, but one of the things that amazes me the most is how long time friends and business associates can come together at times like this. I need to thank Byron at Leland Industries, PartSource and all of the sponsors for coming on board this season with their support. Having the Gaunt brothers on board this season is very special to me, as they helped me get a started in racing 29 years ago. All I can say is that, 29 years ago, Micks, Dilley and the Gaunt brothers won a lot of races and here we go again, so tighten your chin straps, it should be exciting”.

 

“2012 is going to be very different year for sure,” remarked Kerry. “It will be the first time for Mark and I not to run a full season in our own rides. It will definitely be a change of scene to sit on the box and cheer for the other at the different events. I have not stood on the box and watched someone else race my car.  We have partnered our sponsors and our crew together and I am really looking forward to the season”, exclaimed Micks. “Things have certainly come full circle in my 29 year career. I met Mark 29 years ago, when we were both rookies at Sunset Speedway. I believe that John (Gaunt) was considered a veteran then. I met Marty a few years later at Sauble Speedway, when he would borrow everything from me but the car to go racing.  Now Marty is hugely successful south of the border with his Triad Racing Technologies engine shop and the same for John with the Gaunt Collision Centre in Barrie. Some of the best racing I ever experienced was going door handle to door handle with John in our late model days. I am not nervous nor do I have any reservations about Mark piloting the oval car, as I have watched him over the years, and I know that he takes care of his equipment. I know he can get the job done on the ovals and I will do my best on the road courses."

 

The first event of 2012 will take place Saturday & Sunday May 19/20 at newly named Canadian Tire Motorsport Park in Bowmanville.  For more information on this event please visit www.mosport.com

 

About Gaunt Collision CentresGaunt Collision Centers opens its doors with over 30 years of collision centre experience. We understand that navigating through the process of having your car repaired is not something people look forward to - much like going to the dentist. Our specialty is making sure your experience is as simple and pain-free as possible. Our team has the knowledge and understanding to help with insurance claims, provide towing where needed and return your vehicle in a timely manner with guaranteed repairs.  For more information please visit www.gauntcollisioncentres.ca

About Triad Racing Technologies:  Triad Racing Technologies is considered to be at the top of the industry for engine development and manufacturing.   Since 2009, Triad engines have captured over 50 wins and 40 poles in the top four levels of stock car competition in the United States.

Triad was instrumental in Toyota winning the 2006 through 2010 Manufacturers Championships in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.   www.triadrt.com

 

For more information please contact:

Linda Jones

Wide Open Motorsport Solutions Inc.

 

No comments: