Trépanier Gets First Série ACT Win of Season at Autodrome St-Felicien
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ACT080315-95
<<ATTACHED PHOTO (IMG_2610.JPG): Série ACT point leader Dany Trépanier (19QC) captured his first win of the season at Quebec's Autodrome St-Felicien on Saturday, August 1. (Alan Ward photo)>>
St-Felicien, QC – Série American-Canadian Tour (ACT) point leader Dany Trépanier broke into the winner's circle for the first time this season by capturing the St-Felicien 150 at Quebec's Autodrome St-Felicien on Saturday, August 1.
The St-Edourard, QC driver won the first segment of the two-segment event, leading the final 19 laps en route to the win. Trépanier then finished second to former Série ACT Champion Jean-François Déry in the second segment to take the overall win with a combined score of three points. It is the third Série ACT win of Trépanier's career and first since July 2014.
Chicoutimi, QC's Michael Lavoie, substituting for defending Série ACT Champion Alex Labbé, finished second and third in the two segments for a score of five points, giving him the overall runner-up position. Déry won a tiebreaker with Martin Goulet Jr. for third in the final tally. Patrick Cliche, Jonathan Bouvrette, Karl Allard, Gaetan Longtin, Simon Roussin, and Claude Leclerc completed the top-10.
Ten cautions slowed the event., while Longtin and Trépanier won the heat races. Trépanier unofficially extends his point lead to 47 markers over Bouvrette.
Série ACT will be back in action along with the ACT U.S. Tour Saturday, August 22 with the Can-Am 150 at St-Croix, QC's Circuit Riverside Speedway. The sixth running the event marks the second combination race of the year between the two Tours and the first one north of the border.
Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown, Score, Laps Completed
- Dany Trépanier (19QC), St-Edouard, QC, 3 points (1 + 2), 150 Laps
- Michael Lavoie (48QC), Chicoutimi, QC, 5 points (2 + 3), 150 Laps
- Jean-François Déry (21QC), Quebec, QC, 8 points (7 + 1), 150 Laps
- Martin Goulet Jr. (83QC), Mascouche, QC, 8 points (4 + 4), 150 Laps
- Patrick Cliche (5QC), Levis, QC, 10 points (3 + 7), 150 Laps
- Jonathan Bouvrette (41QC), Blainville, QC, 12 points (6 + 6), 150 Laps
- Karl Allard (7ON), St-Felicien, QC, 15 points (5 + 10), 136 Laps
- Gaetan Longtin (66QC), Mercier, QC, 16 points (8 + 8), 149 Laps
- Simon Roussin (6QC), Quebec, QC, 18 points (13 + 5), 137 Laps
- Claude Leclerc (11QC), Lanoraie, QC, 19 points (10 + 9), 137 Laps
- Jean-Pierre Ouiment (07QC), Terrebonne, QC, 21 points (9 + 12), 110 Laps
- Stephane Levesque (12QC), St-Liguori, QC, 23 points (12 + 11), 127 Laps
- Gaetan Gaudreault (38QC), Quebec, QC, 24 points (11 + 13), 97 Laps
- Donald Theetge (80QC), Boischatel, QC, 28 points (14 + 14), 48 Laps
- Carl Poulin (57QC), Quebec, QC, 29 points (15 + 14), 13 Laps
Leaders: Simon Roussin, 1-8; Jean-François Déry, 9-19; Michael Lavoie, 20-51; Dany Trépanier, 52; Lavoie, 53-57; Trépanier, 58-76. (5 lead changes among 4 drivers)
Time of Race: 54 min.
Margin of Victory: 3 seconds
Cautions: 5 (laps 14, 20, 30, 48, 52)
Heat winners: Gaetan Longtin, Dany Trépanier
Leaders: Jean-Pierre Ouiment, 1-2; Jean-François Déry, 3-74. (1 lead change among 2 drivers)
Time of Race: 1 hour and 4 minutes
Margin of Victory: 2.513 seconds
Cautions: 5 (laps 2, 30, 33, 53, 60)