Desjardins Repeats as DIRTcar NE Sportsman Modified Series Champion
Mathieu Desjardins of Sorel-Tracy Quebec earned the 2015 DIRTcar NE Sportsman Modified Series championship with a 4th-place finish in the 50-lap Fall Nationals finale at Brockville Ontario Speedway.
Desjardins, driving the St. Martin Motorsports/Jean Preville Excavation Bicknell chassis No. 1m, was fourth to the line behind race winner Dylan Evoy of Brockville, Shane Pecore and Corey Wheeler.
It was the sixth top-5 in eight starts in the series for the 2015 Autodrome Drummond track champion. He won series events at Drummond and Cornwall.
Dylan Evoy of Brockville won the Sportsman 50 from the pole. He was passed by Kyle Wilson on lap 14 after four early cautions, but he regained the lead for keeps on lap 19.
Shane Pecore moved into the runner-up spot on a lap-27 restart and held second the rest of the way despite constant pressure from Wheeler and Desjardins. Brad Rouse completed the top five.
Final point standings (Top 10) 2015 DIRTcar NE Sportsman Modified Series
- Mathieu Desjardins – Sorel-Tracy, QC (2,059)
- Brad Rouse – St, Catharines, ON (1,958)
- Louie Jackson Jr. – Akwesasne, NY (1,770)
- Shane Pecore – Cornwall, ON (1,763)
- Jessica Powers – Kingston, ON (1,761)
- Joey Ladouceur – Cornwall, ON (1,705)
- Corey Wheeler – Cornwall, ON (1,659)
- Brianna Ladouceur – Cornwall, ON (1,606)
- Mike Stacey –Kahnawake, QC (1,513)
- Martin Pelletier – St. Robert, QC (1,440)