2019-07-29

​Camirand Scores a 6th-Place Finish in Edmonton

Camirand Scores a 6th-Place Finish in Edmonton
NASCAR Pinty's Series—LUXXUR 300

Wetaskiwin, AB, July 28, 2019— Marc-Antoine Camirand ended his trip West with the NASCAR Pinty's series with a sixth-place finish, at the Edmonton International Raceway, in Wetaskiwin, AB. The driver of the GM Paillé n°22 Chevrolet Camaro pull off the best he could out of his car during a rain-shortened race.
 
After 22 Racing team made radical changes to the front suspension of the car in Saskatoon, Camirand was hoping for a better outing in Edmonton. "With all the changes we made, we could have used more track time. Unfortunately, rain cut short the practice sessions, then qualifying was canceled. We would have taken a few more laps to find the right settings," stated Camirand, who started the 300-lap race from the 8th place, set according to practice times.
 
Camirand has been able to gain some positions during the race, despite being unlucky on restarts. "It felt like I took all the restarts from the outside lane. My car was oversteering again, but I did the best that I could. At the end, I had just passed Donald (Theetge, in 5th place) when it started raining again after 275 laps. NASCAR set up the field with the last completed lap, so I have been given a 6th place finish," said the driver from Saint-Léonard-d'Aston.
 
After a disappointing Western Swing, Marc-Antoine Camirand wants to move on and is looking forward to the next race, at his home event, the Grand Prix de Trois-Rivières.
 
"In Edmonton, I did the best that I could with the car I had. It was better than it was in Saskatoon, but there is still something missing to run with the leaders. I'm looking forward to going back on a road course, especially to Trois-Rivières. We know we can be fast there, and I'm more motivated than ever to get my 15thvictory in career at GP3R," concluded Camirand, who holds GP3R's records for most wins (14) and podium finishes (22), all series combined, but is still waiting for a victory there in the NASCAR Pinty's series.
 
Marc-Antoine Camirand and the n°22 GM Paillé Chevrolet Camaro are primed to come back strong for the GP3R road course weekend, held on August 9–11, on North America's oldest street course, during one of the NASCAR Pinty's series most awaited race of the year.
 
-30-

No comments: