2012-05-30

Joey Doiron Racing: PASS North Series White Mountain Motorsports Park Race Report

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – 5.28.12
For more information, visit http://www.joeydoiron.com or E-mail GWCNewEngland@gmail.com

NORTH WOODSTOCK, N.H. – Joey Doiron of Berwick, Maine, matched his career-best White Mountain Motorsports Park finish with an eighth-place effort in the PASS North Series 150 at the quarter-mile facility on Saturday, May 26. Doiron, who was caught up in a near-wreck during his qualifying race, started dead last in the 24-car field and drove all the way into the Top-10 to keep his hold on the PASS North points lead after three races. The night was difficult in more ways than one for Doiron, who suffered a significant burn on his hip from heat inside the race car during the feature event.

 

WHO: Joey Doiron, Berwick, Maine
TEAM:
Joey Doiron Racing No. 73 JBJ Machine/Scarborough Downs Chevrolet
CREW CHIEF:
John Doiron, Berwick, Maine

WHAT: PASS North Series PASS 150
WHERE: White Mountain Motorsports Park, North Woodstock, N.H. (.25-mile banked oval)
STARTED: 24th
FINISHED: 8th
LAPS LED: 0 times for 0 laps

PASS North Series
LAST RACE:
May 12, Star 150, Star Speedway, Epping, N.H. (4th)
NEXT RACE: June 3, PASS 150, Riverside Speedway, Groveton, N.H. (.25-mile oval)
CURRENT POINTS POSITION: 1st

***

JOEY, IT WAS KIND OF A WILD NIGHT FOR YOU.

“In the heat race, I started eighth and was going for fifth around the (No. 10 car of Scott Dragon) when he got loose and overcorrected and turned right into me. If it wasn't for me, he would have been head-on into the wall. I don't know how it wasn't worse, but I somehow stopped about two feet short of the wall under the flagstand. They never threw a caution, so I finished last and had to start at the rear of the field (in the feature).

“I didn't hit anything, just when he hit me. There was a little damage to the left rear, but nothing major.”

DO YOU FEEL FORTUNATE TO ESCAPE WITH A TOP-10 FINISH?

“No doubt. I think people were definitely surprised we were able to come that far from the back up to where we ended up finishing. But it's also kind of disappointing – if we'd not had that trouble in the heat, we might have had a Top-3 car. Coming through field like we did, you just burn your stuff up. I didn't have a lot of tire left at the end of it.

“(Race winner Cassius Clark) just had an unbelievable pace going up front. You couldn't settle in and ride at all, especially early with the way the leaders running. The car was absolutely phenomenal – the best car I've ever had here. Again, the cautions at the end hurt us with the crate motor, but we'll take it and go on to next week.”

HOW IS YOUR HIP?

“I've got a big spot there, probably two inches in diameter, where there's a burn. It got so hot in their, that I couldn't even touch the (metal on the seat) with a glove. I'm not really sure what happened – I just know that we're going to get it figured out and fix it this week, because I can't race with it like that again.”

“I've never been in so much pain racing as I was (Saturday night). There was like a 50-lap run at the end of race, and I'm telling you I felt like crying it hurt so bad.”

 

SOCIAL MEDIA

Follow Joey Doiron Racing on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoeyDoironRacing
Follow Joey Doiron on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/JoeyDoiron
Follow GWC Motorsports Marketing on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GWCMotorsports
Follow GWC Motorsports Marketing on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/GWCNewEngland


--

 

No comments: