2016-07-04

Dussault scores top-10 finish after coming back from deep in the field


PRESS RELEASE

For immediate distribution

 

Dussault scores top-10 finish after coming back from deep in the field

Circuit ICAR – NASCAR Pinty's

 

Mirabel, QC, July 3 2016 – Patrick Dussault stayed with the quickest NASCAR Pinty's drivers throughout the Ecko Unlimited 100 event held this weekend at Circuit ICAR in Mirabel, QC. After qualifying among the top runners, he was forced to drive through the field to come back and make his way to a top-10 finish.

Dussault, at the wheel of the Construction Vincent & Dussault/Multiplis n°71 car, put the spotlight on himself during the weekend. In only the second race in career in stock car racing, he achieved 5th and 7th quickest times in Saturday's practice and qualifying. With very little experience in stock car racing, the 24-year-old driver has been impressive and gained much experience, despite rain shortened the second practice session.

Seventh on the grid for the 30-lap race, Dussault received a drive-through penalty for jumping the start.  "I was a little off the racing line. I couldn't come back in line and I received this penalty that forced me to come back all the way from the back of the field. I tried to stay calm in that situation and be smart not to be caught in an accident," he explained.

When the first and only yellow came out at lap 21, he had climbed up to the 13th position on 23 cars. "It helped me closing the gap with drivers in front of me", said the driver of PB Racing team, owned by former NHL player and driver Patrice Brisebois.

Patrick Dussault finally scored a 10th place finish, his first top-10 finish in the NASCAR Pinty's series. "In this kind of situation, you got to have a good car, and we had one. I was comfortable in the car as soon as I arrived here, and my team and my crew chief, Jonathan Côté, made an excellent job preparing it. Above all, we proved to everyone here that the Construction Vincent & Dussault/Multiplis n°71 car can be very quick", added Dussault.

Patrick Dussault and PB Racing team will be back in action in Toronto, on July 15-16, for the NASCAR Pinty's race held during the Honda Indy event.




Sent from my iPhone

No comments: