2011-05-29

ANDREW RANGER WINS ARCA RACING SERIES DEBUT RACE

For immediate release

NDS – 2010-05-22 - 005

 

MILLEVILLE, NJ — May 22, 2011 — A dream weekend for Two-time NASCAR Canadian Tire Series Champion Andrew Ranger: on Saturday, he clocked fastest times in both practice sessions and claimed the qualifying Pole Award presented by Ansell when he turned the fastest lap; On Sunday, he won the Modspace 150 race held at New Jersey Motorsport Park as he made his career debut in the ARCA Racing Series.

 

The Roxton Pond, Quebec driver’s exploit is even bigger considering he relinquished his number one starting position and dropped to 31st for the start of the race due to an engine change after qualifying.  “I was in the first group of cars for qualifying.  I turned a quick second lap, unfortunately, on lap 3 the motor failed with a valve issue.  As per ARCA Racing Series rules I had to drop to the rear of the field and start the race in the 31st of the 35 cars field” said Ranger.

 

Ranger, the driver of the No. 53 Waste Management Recycling/RRT NDS Motorsports would work his way to the front methodically passing cars one by one as he travelled the 2.25 mile road course.  “As per the Team’s plan, I went to the pits, under caution, on lap 19 for fuel and tires.  At that point I had made my way up to fourth.  I briefly led at mid-race but it was after the last restart, on lap 61, that I battled with George Miedecke for the win.  It was quite a fight for the number one spot.  I took over the lead just two turns before getting the white flag and eventually the checker.  I did not lead a lot of laps today, but I certainly led the right one.  It’s all thanks to my crew.  They gave me a great car.  They changed the motor and it was still a great car.  I was fastest in both practice sessions.  I won the pole award and the race.  It’s a perfect day” added Ranger.

 

The No. 53 Waste Management Recycling/RRT NDS Motorsports team, car and driver Andrew Ranger finally shook the gremlins off their back which had haunted them over the last couple of races and had prevented them from winning, despite impressive runs at every one of them.

 

Andrew Ranger will return behind the wheel of the No. 53 NDS Motorsports race car on June 4th, when the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards visits Chicagoland Speedway for the Messina Wildlife Animal Stopper 150.

 

###

 

No comments: